April 23, 2008

Nassau County NY First Municipality to Hold Vaccine Autism Hearings

How great would it be if CDC's vaccine/autism judgments were just rendered irrelevant in each local area because everyone just decided to look into it themselves rather than just handing off their rights and responsibilities to some corrupt federal bureaucracy that is in bed with the pharmaceutical companies?

This ladies and gents is why I am a republican.

Act locally people.

Oh... and David Kirby has been invited.


NASSAU COUNTY LEGISLATURE
1550 FRANKLIN AVENUE
MINEOLA, NEW YORK 11501

(516) 571-6214

FO IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT GINA SILLITTI 516-571-6214

NASSAU COUNTY TO BECOME FIRST MUNICIPALITY IN THE NATION TO HEAR CONCERNS ABOUT SAFETY OF VACCINES AND ITS LINK TO AUTISM BY PARENTS/ SPECIAL PRESS CONFERENCE MONDAY APRIL 28, 2008

NASSAU COUNTY LEGISLATURE COMMITTEE ON HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES CHAIRMAN DAVE MEJIAS AND NEW YORK STATE ASSEMBLYMAN HARVEY WEISENBERG AS WELL AS OTHER HEALTH OFFICIALS WILL HOLD A SPEICAL NEWS CONFERENCE ON APRIL 28, 2008 @ 12 NOON WITH HUNDREDS OF PARENTS CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF VACCINES AND ITS LINK TO AUTISM. THE PARENTS OF CHILDREN AUTISM WILL BE SPEAKING AT LEGISLATURE’S HEALTH COMMITTEE LATER THAT DAY. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN THE NATION THAT A MUNICIPALITY HAS HAD THIS CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC ADDRESSED AT ITS HEALTH COMMITTEE.

THERE ARE ABOUT 5,000 LAWSUITS AGAINST THE FEDERAL GONVERNMENT BY PARENTS CLAIMING AS A RESULT OF VACCINES THEIR CHILDREN DEVELOPED AUTISM. OTHER MEMBERS OF THE LEGISLATURE WILL BE ATTENDING THE PRESS CONFERENCE AND HEARING.


WHERE: NASSAU COUNTY LEGISLATURE BUILDING

WHEN: APRIL 28, 2008 @ 12 NOON

1550 FRANKLIN AVE,

2ND FLOOR

MINEOLA, NY

11 comments:

Thing1Thing2Mom said...

This is such interesting timing. Over the past few days I've been thinking that I should be hounding my state reps as much as my Congressman and Senators...after all the vaccine laws are mandated through the states.

Have any of you tried to work this route and if so how recently and what sort of response did you receive? If constituents could persuade the state legislatures to take this concern seriously it may well force the hand of the CDC...or am I being naive and overly optimistic?

Anonymous said...

thing1thing2mom:

I was just talking to Ginger about this very issue earlier this morning.

I seriously believe that the time is ripe for us to be going to our State Attorney Generals on this issue!!

Because it's the STATES who are going to be footing the bill for our kids (and in some respects they already are paying) once they reach adulthood!

I wish I lived in a state right now cuz I'd be on this in a heartbeat!!!

Bottom Line: Push for the AG's to sue Pharmaceutical Companies for the "damages" done to our children.

Kelli Ann Davis
Washington DC

MDMOM said...

It's a great idea. Our AG in Miss is a pro at suing big companies. They got a bazillion dollars form the tobacco companies. I agree that it's the states that should ,in addition to individuals, seek compensation. There are so many kids it will break the entitlements programs, not to mention the schools. Hmm, was "No Child Left Behind" a pre-emptive strike? It is doing away with self-contained SPED classsrooms just in time!

Ginger if your'e in the mood for some light-hearted fun, I've tagged you. YOu can always do it on Daily Discernment if this isn't the proper venue. Check out Tag -YOu're It! on my blog.
Thanks

Ginger Taylor said...

Hey MD mom

I am currently locked out of my blog (blogger suspected me of being a spam blogger) so Got has put me on a blogging time out.

I probably needed it. Been writing way to much lately. There is just so much to write about.

So please enjoy a previous tagging I endured.

Anonymous said...

mdmom:

So....are you gonna call your AG?

Seriously, since the Poling case I'd bet there are some AG's out there ready to join together on this issue.

We almost succeeded on this in MN in 2004 (met with the AG and had one of the biggest lawfirms in the country in attendance)so if we came that close back *then* I can imagine its ready to happen now!

Sara B. said...

Looking at all these comments, it is clear that parents are primed and ready to do something.

I used to work in a lobbying group in Washington and am ready to roll up my sleeves on this, but just don't know what is the best route to take. I found a few pieces of legislation on mercury, vaccines, and transferring vaccine safety oversight to HHS instead of CDC, but I don't really know which of these, if any, will actually do any good. I want to call Reps. Weldon and Burton, but don't want to waste time until I know what more to ask and if the vaccine safety groups think these bills will help.

The grass roots are ready to act. I am sure other moms in my area would jump to make a change, but none have vaccine-injured kids so going to AG's is maybe not an option for us. What can we do? I am waiting to hear back from NVIC on this too.

I apologize for being such a rookie on this issue. :)

Sara
www.vaccinesandmychild.blogspot.com

Ginger Taylor said...

There are lots of people (like Kelli Ann) already in place and doing things, and plugging in to what has been done is just a matter of getting in touch with the right people.

Start with A-Champ. I will get you in touch with them.

Send the video on my front page to your congressmen and Senators and ask for congressional hearings into the CDC's statements and research and into the Vaccine Injury Compensation fund. See if you can get a meeting with them or their officers.

Write to the member of the Senate Health Committee and ask for the same hearings (especially if one of them is your Senator).

I will post more info.

Thing1Thing2Mom said...

nmrwpknI am really itching to do something meaningful. Maybe we could work together and formulate a plan.

I have a public affairs and marketing background with some government experience.

It seems like the group of us who have posted here might make a pretty good team with our combined experiences and skills.

Pamela

Anonymous said...

Pamela,

I just found out today that DC does have an AG!!!

And the NAAG is about 5 blocks up the street!

I'm definitely going to start working this angle again.

What state are you in?

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Pamela,

I just found out today that DC does have an AG!!!

And the NAAG is about 5 blocks up the street!

I'm definitely going to start working this angle again.

What state are you in?

Kelli

Thing1Thing2Mom said...

Kelli Ann

I am in Georgia. I would love to discuss the possibilities and approach.

Can you email me. My address is listed on my profile.

Pamela