August 5, 2004

Day Seventeen

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Yesterday started off great with Chandler feeding himself with a spoon. Then he fed himself half of his brothers peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he spent the rest of the day riding the gluten train! He just walked around the house crying until bed time. He is a bit better today, but not quite back to himself. Guess that confirms that the GFCF diet is working.

The one other cool thing that happened was that just before bed time I was sitting in the dining room talking with a friend and he came and got me. He took my hand and led me back into the bedroom where we do the sessions, climbed into the chair, and tried to turn the music on! I guess he had felt so bad all day he was craving a little peace.

He has done that three times today, and after the first time I had moved his car seat into the car so I could take them both to the store. He just climbed into the chair and sat the whole time. I just give him a drink and a bowl of snacks and he is good to go.

Today his floortime therapist came and she commented that he seemed calmer, more aware of what was going on around him, and was babbling much more. Go Chan!

No comments: