If you don't, Donate. 100% of your donation here will go to NAA's Family First Fund.
From The National Autism Association:
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING GRANT APPLICATIONS FOR OUR FAMILY FIRST PROGRAM.
BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS, GRANTS CAN NOW BE USED FOR LOCAL, FACE-TO-FACE MARRIAGE COUNSELING.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS BEFORE JUNE 15TH, 2008.
FAMILY FIRST PROGRAM
The divorce rate within the autism community has been creeping up for quite some time. With the explosion in autism cases comes many more challenges with couples in our community. Family First was launched to provide couples within our community a way to access counseling on a 24/7 basis.
The four goals of the Family First Program are to:
1. Provide couples with access to counseling
2. Provide couples with financial aid for counseling
3. Raise awareness about the divorce rates within our community and around the country
4. Provide a solid support system for all autism couples
By focusing on these four objectives, our primary goal is to keep autism families together, which will open the door to a slew of other benefits for families including two-person income potential, less stress on just one parent, more time dedicated to therapy and treatments for the child, and the list goes on.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
There are so many ways we can help autism couples. Do you have a great idea that will work in your area? Here are some of the ways people from around the country are helping autism couples:
* Far Hills Community Church in Dayton, Ohio, offers a free “Date Nite” to autism couples. Could your church or support group do something similar in your area? See: http://farhills.org/events/datenight.html
* Free workshops are happening in places like Tennessee and North Carolina. Could you hold a free couples workshop in your area?
The National Autism Association is a non-profit, parent-run organization. The Family First Program is just one of the many projects we fund and coordinate to make a positive difference within the autism community. Through our voucher program, your donations would help us provide couples with the financial aid they need to obtain marital counseling. As always your donation is tax-deductible.
To donate, please visit: http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/proddetail.php?prod=FamilyFirstDonation