November 5, 2008

Obama May Choose Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to head EPA

Today has been a discouraging day, having lost the opportunity to have a president who was supporting families with autism. I have been looking for possible bright spots, and one has exploded onto the scene.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is said to be under consideration to head the Environmental Protection Agency, according to Politico. Mr. Kennedy is a great friend to out community and showed up for us at the Green our Vaccines rally in July.







He is a true environmentalist, in the best sense, and understands the threat that environmental mercury is to our children. In fact, his attention to the Simpsonwood cover up was the piece that made me start writing publicly about my own sons mercury toxicity.



Let's hope the rumors are true.

Update: Kennedy told HuffPo that if he is tapped, he will serve.

Update: Here is a little more:

4 comments:

Bridgett said...

I'm an Obama supporter, so I'm thrilled about the election results.

But this news is just as good! I hope it's true as well. What truly excellent information...thanks for sharing.

Mark Miller said...

Maybe I can make your day better. You DO have a new president who cares about autism, and it's Obama. His senior advisor David Axelrod has a child with autism and helped develop Obama's thoughtful and comprehensive policies on autism and disabilities. Now that the election is over, here are 10 ways you can make a difference, regardless of your political views:
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dg7bxwsh_4ggqnvrcg

Jim Thompson said...

"And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn - I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too."

With the right appointments, we can be hopeful that the US FDA and CDC are released from their capture by the corporations they were supposed to control.

Jill said...

I too was disappointed with our new president elect. I am scared and discouraged by what Obama has said in regards to vaccinations and autim. This is indeed a bright spot in an otherwise dark day.
I will stand behind our new president, but I will not sit back and allow him to take away my families right to chose with regards to vaccines.