BESTSELLING AMERICAN AUTHOR DAVID KIRBY TO VISIT UK IN JUNE
--Journalist Who Covers the Autism-Vaccine Debate to Speak About Political and Scientific Developments in the US and Updates to His Book “Evidence of Harm”—
David Kirby, the New York based investigative journalist and author of the NY Times Bestseller, “Evidence of Harm, Mercury in Vaccines and the Autism Epidemic – A Medical Controversy,” will visit the United Kingdom on the 4th - 6th of June to discuss recent developments in the vaccine-autism debate in the United States.
Mr. Kirby, a former contributor to The New York Times and a regular writer for the extremely popular online blog, The Huffington Post, will give a free public lecture on Wednesday 4th June, 6:30-10PM at Regent Hall, 275 Oxford Street, London. He will also attend a book signing and speak with members of the UK media, among other activities, while in the country.
Among the subjects to be addressed by Mr. Kirby are:
1) A recent case in the US Vaccine Court in which the federal government conceded that vaccines induced autism in one little girl – and updates on other cases in the court.
2) Growing evidence of a link between mitochondrial dysfunction and autistic regression, and case studies of several ASD children with mitochondrial issues.
3) State-of-the-art research underway at top universities on the connection between environmental toxins, mitochondrial function, oxidative stress, glutathione depletion, neuro-inflammation and autistic encephalopathy.
4) Declarations by all 3 US Presidential candidates that autism is epidemic and calling for more research into vaccines and mercury as a possible cause.
5) Recent studies linking ASD risk with heavy metals and other contaminants in air pollution.
Mr. Kirby’s visit is being sponsored by Generation Rescue, The Autism Research Institute, National Autism Association, Coalition for SAFE MINDS, and Talk About Curing Autism. All are autism groups formed by US parents of children with neurological disorders. These parents believe that autism and other learning disabilities are environmentally-based illnesses that can be treated through biomedical intervention.
“Evidence of Harm,” debuted on The New York Times bestseller list in 2005, and is still widely read today. It won the 2005 Investigative Reporters and Editors Award in 2005 for Best Book. Kirby has appeared on NBC’s Meet the Press, CNN’s Larry King Live, NBC’s The Today Show, MSNBC’s Imus in the Morning, CNN Headline News, Air America, and hundreds of other radio and television stations around the world. He has been invited to speak at the US Federal Claims Court’s Judicial Conference, this November in Washington, DC.
David Kirby is available for media interviews before and during his visit.
Please contact him directly at email@example.com.
A list of other appearances will be issued next week
More information about Evidence of Harm is available at www.evidenceofharm.com
Mr. Kirby’s essays at Huffington Post can be viewed at www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby
Information on Generation Rescue is available at www.generationrescue.com