March 4, 2011

Alms for the Poor

UPDATE: THANK YOU MY WONDERFUL READERS! The goal was reached Saturday night! It totaled $1,151.15. Thank you so much for helping my little guy's recovery along! His birthday is this Friday and you guys have blessed him with a wonderful birthday present. Thank you for your love.

Now we can finally afford that surgery to get the Nerf Darts removed from his head.


As I am sure you can imagine, the social stigma has been terrible for him.  ;)

Original post:
I come to you to entreat you to give to the needy. Me.

We we finished a really productive round of HBOT for Chandler in Jan, and I wanted to start a new course of treatment in March only to come face to face with the fact that I have spent the last six months writing and not working, so the $$ is not there to start. I have not focused on monetizing the blog, which I probably need to do, or on making any of my writing pay in any way, which I probably also need to do. If for no other reason, so that I can do more of it. So I think that I will just to a little fundraising directly at my readers.

I want to raise $1,000. Not tax-deductable or anything. You are basically just giving me cash and saying, "thanks for neglecting your family's needs to write all this stuff that I wish I never needed to know in the first place.... have some money."

So if my writing has been of help or encouragement to you over the years, please consider dropping a little sumpin' sumpin' in the tip jar.

All proceeds go to my baby's brain and belly. And perhaps a Green & Black's Chocolate Bar with Almonds for mommy.





I was going to find one of those donation counters that had a little progress bar that goes to $1,000 or a thermometer or something, but I am to lazy. So no fun graphics.

I would ask Bill Gates for a scrap from his foundations 33.5 billion dollar table, but... well you know.

Oh... and if anyone wants to buy ad space, let me know.

Thanks in advance. I love my readers.

5 comments:

Cara said...

You got it, Ginger. Thanks for all "you" do! God bless you lady :)
Cara

VinceInAZ said...

I donated. It's not much, but I hope it helps anyway. Write a book! I'll buy one! (No promises about reading it, though.) :)

needle.and.damage.done said...

Vince, she did, she wrote a chapter of Vaccine Epidemic

Josh Day said...

Ginger, congrats on making your goal! This makes me have a happy. :)

Anonymous said...

From one mama who really appreciates the time you take to inform and share. I hope you buy yourself more than one G&B treat. Take care and best wishes to you and your family.