A new website, www.putchildrenfirst.org , details the CDC's bad behavior.
There will be a full page ad in USA Today on Thursday April 6th announcing the site:
Here is the Press Release that will come out tomorrow morning:
New Internal Documents Reveal Deception by the Centers for Disease Control about Vaccines Role in Autism
New Web Site Displays Documents Acquired through Freedom of Information Act by Parents of Autistic Children.
Full-page Ad in USA Today Alleging a Cover Up Runs as Parents of Autistic Children March on Washington.
WASHINGTON, D.C., April 5, 2006
Generation Rescue, a national organization of parents of autistic children, today launched a Web site (www.PutChildrenFirst.org) and full-page ad detailing newly-released internal documents about the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) efforts to minimize or cover up the connection between child vaccines and autism.
The ad is also supported by the non-profit groups The National Autism Association, NoMercury, Moms Against Mercury, AutismOne, and ACHAMP.
Many parents and scientists believe that autism and other developmental disorders are caused by the toxic metal mercury, a key ingredient in a vaccine preservative called Thimerosal.
Tomorrow, autism organizations and parents will march to the Capitol in Washington, D.C., in the Mercury Generation March to demand answers. The controversy has been recently fueled by high-profile figures publicly calling for similar answers from the CDC, such as Senators Joe Lieberman (D-CT) and John Kerry (D-MA); Representatives Dave Weldon (R-FL), Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) and Dan Burton (R-IN); Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.; and radio and television host Don Imus of MSNBC.
The CDC is the agency responsible for the National Immunization Program. In the 1990s, the CDC dramatically increased the number of immunizations for children, which nearly tripled the amount of mercury injected into children, exceeding Federal safety standards by as much as 125-times. Rates of autism also greatly increased during this period.
The CDC estimates that more than 1 in 166 children are diagnosed with autism, up from 1 in 10,000 in the 1970s. According to the CDC, autism is a life-long disorder that is not treatable.
"Autism is a devastating disorder that affects millions of families," said J.B. Handley, one of Generation Rescue's founding parents and father of an autistic son. "To help children with autism and to prevent others from acquiring it, we need the CDC to stand up for our children. Sadly, the CDC would rather protect its own skin than our kids."
The full-page advertisement running in tomorrow's (Thursday 4/6) USA Today delivers a similarly blunt message: "If you caused a 6,000% increase in autism, wouldn't you try to cover it up, too?"
To view the ad, visit: www.PutChildrenFirst.org
Through the Freedom of Information Act, parents of autistic children
acquired numerous emails, memos, transcripts and reports from the CDC, Food and Drug Administration, Institute of Medicine, and U.S. Congress.
Some findings from the documents include
- A private memo from an FDA official lamenting that the revelation that children were receiving up to 125x the safe level of mercury would create a perception that CDC and FDA were "asleep at the switch".
- A private email and spreadsheet from a CDC epidemiologists showing an extremely high correlation between mercury received through vaccines and autism, with the researcher writing the correlation "just won't go away".
- A secret transcript from an emergency meeting held by the CDC where health officials say "the number of dose-related relationships [between thimerosal and autism] are linear and statistically significant" and the CDC's data should be kept out of "less responsible hands".
- A contract from CDC, paying a lobbying firm $190 million to maintain the Vaccine Safety Datalink data, in order to insulate the data from the Freedom of Information Act.
- Emails from the CDC frantically searching for evidence to exonerate
Thimerosal. California data ends up being incriminating and is buried, data from Denmark has a fatal flaw, which a Danish researcher highlights, but the data is pursued anyway.
- An email from the CDC rejecting British data because the mercury received by British children is too low, despite this being the same issue in Denmark, where studies written by CDC employees are ultimately produced.
- A letter from a Director of the CDC recommending publication of a Danish study exonerating Thimerosal (and the CDC) for publication to the American Academy of Pediatrics' medical journal, Pediatrics.
- Transcripts from Committee proceedings of the Institute of Medicine (which in 2004 would exonerate Thimerosal), where committee members note that CDC, who is paying for the study, "wants us to declare these things are pretty safe on a population basis."
- Handwritten notes from Committee proceedings outlining explicit conflicts of interest of Committee members, despite assurances from the IOM President that members were "free of financial conflicts of interest".
- A private email from the Chairperson of the 2004 IOM Committee, after the report was published, saying that Thimerosal can "injure the nervous system".
- A secret memo summarizing the cover up and a statement of charges recently shared with the Senate Help Committee and recommending Senate Hearings.
"These internal documents prove that the CDC knew that its ambitious vaccine schedule in the 1990s created America's autism epidemic," said Handley. "Every day the CDC denies that mercury from vaccines causes autism is another day proper treatment is ignored for the more than one million American children who could be treated."
The parents of Generation Rescue have helped heal their children through individualized medical treatments that remove mercury and treat the damages it causes young bodies. Generation Rescue's 300 families also serve as "Rescue Angels" and have helped 7,500 other families looking for advice on treating autism.
"The worst part about the CDC's deception is that parents are not hearing about real, medical treatments that can heal their children," said Lisa Handley, co-founder of Generation Rescue. "In the last year alone, we have seen the inspiring improvements treatments can bring to our three-year-old son Jamie. He is talking more than ever, socializing and even has a best friend- all things doctors rule out for autistic children."
Thousands of children are recovering from autism through the Defeat Autism Now! Protocol; safe medical treatments that remove the mercury and other toxic metals and live viruses that vaccines inject into our children's bodies.
Mercury, the second most toxic element after plutonium, is estimated to be 500 to 1,000 times more toxic than lead. The heavy metal burrows into the cells of the brain and other organs and can lead to serious central nervous system damage and neurological disorders.
"The symptoms of early infant mercury poisoning and autism are virtually identical," said Dr. Boyd Haley, chairman of the chemistry department at the University of Kentucky. "Furthermore, research indicates that autistic children genetically have a harder time excreting mercury from their bodies and that many of their biomedical problems could be caused by mercury."
"In a time when pregnant women are told not to eat fish because it might contain mercury, why in the world are we still injecting mercury into our children's bloodstream through vaccines?", asked Kevin Barry, President of Generation Rescue. "We are completely mystified about why the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics are fighting state laws trying to ban mercury in vaccines."
Generation Rescue is calling on Congress to:
- Support the Combating Autism Act
- Ban Thimerosal from all vaccines Nationwide
- Recall any vaccines with Thimerosal in them immediately
- Create a National Task Force of Doctors versed in the biomedical treatment of autism to establish national priorities for treating as many children as possible
- Initiate trials immediately, in consultation with the Autism Research Institute (sponsor of DAN!), on the most promising forms of biomedical treatment for autism, including the GF/CF diet, nutritional therapy, B12 therapy, anti-viral therapy, and chelation therapy
- Enact legislation to provide health insurance for the biomedical treatment of autism
- Support Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney's recently introduced bill to "conduct or support a comprehensive study comparing total health outcomes, including risk of autism, in vaccinated populations in the United States with such outcomes in unvaccinated populations..."
- Issue a Senatorial subpoena to gain access to the Vaccine Safety Datalink information, still not released after 6 years of requests, so that it can be reviewed by outside researchers
- Commission a new IOM Committee, paid for by Congress, with input from the Autism Community on charter and membership
- Hold Senate hearings on the cover-up of the autism epidemic by the CDC and FDA.
About Generation Rescue
Generation Rescue (www.GenerationRescue.org) is a nonprofit formed by parents of children diagnosed with autism and other development disorders. Through thorough research, medical consultation and the use of medical treatments, the parents of Generation Rescue have seen tremendous improvements in their children- including complete recoveries. Generation Rescue's mission is to provide parents the information and support to understand the cause of autism
and treatment options. The Web site gives background to make informed decisions about treatment and connects families with "Rescue Angels", more than 300 families of autistic children who voluntarily provide support and guidance on treatment options.
Generation Rescue is a 501(c)(3) founded in 2005.