First Seth Mnookin said he was a heckler, but now wont answer questions or offer details about said heckling. Now Paul Offit has upped the ante and announced that Jake was his stalker.
So as with Mnookin, I have written to Dr. Offit and asked him for details of Jake's problematic behavior. You may recognize much of the letter, as I merely modified the letter I sent to Mnookin a few weeks ago, as this is practically the identical scenario that happened a few weeks ago.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Jake Crosby Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:40:00 -0500 From: Ginger Taylor To: Paul Offit
I read Jake Crosby's story on being ejected from your most recent event after asking a question during the question and answer period.
From his telling of the story, what you did seems to me be very heavy handed and inappropriate at the least, and some pretty ugly censorship and slander on your part at most.
As you have been untruthful about offenses that were never committed by your opponents in the past, (I reference JB Handley's successful libel lawsuit against you and the Orange County Register's retraction of your charges against a CBS reporter when you were unable to back them up), I tend to believe Jake's story on its face, but I want to allow for the fact that Jake did not report the incident accurately, thus my reason for contacting you with a few questions.
1. Did he accurately report the incident, and that he has only been in contact with you once before, two years ago, via email?
2. If so, do you not believe that an apology to him is in order?
3. If he did not report the incident accurately, what did he get wrong?
4. If not, what was the "stalking" incident or incidents that you referred that previously took place and why did it preclude him from asking a non-stalking question at this event? When and where did it take place, what was said, what administrative or security action was taken, and are there recordings of any such events?
5. Is Jake precluded from asking you questions in the future? Is he precluded from attending any of your speaking engagements in the future? Have you given him any notice to stay away, or a cease and desist or has any form of restraining order been issued?
6. Like Jake, I have been very critical of your writing in my own blogging. Am I allowed to attend your events and ask you questions? If so what are the parameters for asking you questions and do they differ from someone who might agree with you on your vaccine stance?
7. Is there anyone else from the autism, vaccine injury, vaccine safety or anti-vaccine communities, or from the medical community that is skeptical of the safety and efficacy claims made about the current vaccine program, that are not allowed to attend your events or ask you questions?
8. Finally, (and with brutal frankness) If Mr. Crosby's story is accurate, and he has been appropriate in his interactions with you, and your own desire to silence your challengers is at the heart of why you had him removed from the room, is this a pattern you intend to continue? Can anyone asking you a question which you believe you will not not be able to answer well, or which might make you look bad in front of the audience, expect to be slandered and escorted from the room?
9. As Seth Mnookin made similar charges against Jake earlier this month, have you been communicating with him about Jake, and is this a coordinated effort to slander him?
I want to get this cleared up as people have expressed in increasing interest in attending your speaking events and challenging your assertions, many of which (myself included) believe are grossly inaccurate and/or irresponsible. We certainly want to know up front if you intend on misrepresenting any of us as you seem to have done with Jake or if it is Jake who is misrepresenting you.
Your prompt response is appreciated.